At Syros, we believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to our success.
We are committed to fostering an environment where all employees, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability or age, are empowered to achieve their full potential. The unique talents, backgrounds and perspectives of each employee strengthens our coordinated expression, making our company stronger and helping us to achieve our mission of developing medicines to transform patients’ lives.
We have adopted the Biotechnology Innovation Organization’s principles on workforce development, diversity and inclusion:
- We believe that diversity in all aspects of business operations will optimize the continued growth and success of our company and the biotechnology industry.
- We will lead by example in our diversity efforts, and will incorporate diversity and inclusion into all aspects of our operations.
- We will engage with external partners to broaden the reach and incorporation of diversity throughout the biotechnology ecosystem.
- We believe our technologies and products should address the needs of a diverse population.
- We will champion workforce development, diversity and inclusion as a way to attract, develop and retain our talent pool within the globally competitive biotechnology industry.
BIO’s Goals for the Biotech Industry
We support BIO’s goals for the biotech industry to significantly increase in racial diversity, LGBTQ representation and gender diversity in functional leader, C-suite roles and board roles, including:
- Increasing the percentage of women in functional leader and C-suite positions from the current 25 percent to 50 percent by 2025.
- Increasing the percentage of women on boards from the current 10 percent to 30 percent by 2025.